Friday, August 1, 2008

Lisa update

Hello all! Happy Friday! I can't believe it's already August - that's crazy!

Anyway - wanted to update with how my thyroid is behaving . . . in that it isn't . . . or at least not completely yet anyway. My T4 is now behaving, but my TSH is not. The last time I had blood work done, my T4 was at 0.4 and was too low after my radioactive iodine treatment so I started taking Synthroid to bring it back up. My T4 is now at 1.7, so is in the normal range but on the high end. My TSH was not much of an issue before, but is now not yet balanced out. It is at 0.18 and is supposed to be between 0.4-5.0. I need to continue with the Synthroid, but the dosage has changed and I will be having blood work again in another 8 weeks. That's my update for now.

A huge thank you for those extra prayers for my cousin Heather. She is doing amazingly well for what has happened to her. The MRI results of her knee showed an ACL tear that will require surgery and a fracture to her tibia. So in total, broken tibia, broken wrist and torn ACL. She and her husband were seeing a doctor today to get a second opinion on what should happen here in the near future with regard to her injury, possibly surgery and her pregnancy. But, for now - she's taking it in stride and seems in good spirits despite what has happened - she's such an amazing strong woman!

I hope to get pictures up here of Brady's 2nd birthday - I'm hoping before the weekend is out!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: