Thursday, August 7, 2008

Brady's 2nd Birthday

Brady is 2!!!


Sunday July 27th marked Brady's 2nd birthday. Of course, like all parents say - we don't know where the time has gone. We had family and friends over for an Elmo themed party. It was a beautiful evening, so the kids were able to enjoy all our outdoor toys, a pool, and Auntie Sandy's bounce house we borrowed. We feasted on tacos-in-a-bag and of course cake. At right is Brady eating with his cousin Dylan (my brother's youngest). Dylan is 13 days older than Brady. And my mom trying to get both to eat :)


Brady was lucky enough to have great-grandma Doris make his birthday cake. She was a little concerned about how it turned out, but I thought it was great. She cut out tinfoil to act as the windows, Kit Kat bars as the bumpers, yellow M&M's for the headlights and chocolate mints for the tires. I think she did an outstanding job and from the pictures you can probably tell he certainly enjoyed it.

Apparently decided he didn't want to use a fork and used my Pampered Chef spatula - at least he waited until the others had received their pieces of cake :)

We were thrilled that so many were able to attend and think Brady had a wonderful time. He was

able to go swimming with cousins Danielle & Cheyenne as you see above. Had fun playing in the shallow pool and his Little Tikes cars as you see below.

The shallow pool was a gift from his aunt & uncle, Brian & Sandy. We were a little concerned since he hadn't shown a lot of "like" towards pools and water, but I think this has helped him turn that around . . . or so we hope :)


He still isn't the biggest for opening gifts. At least not what I thought he'd be right now - I thought most kids at this age are SO ready to open presents that nothing else matters - not so much with Brady. And he seems to have a short attention span . . . hmm - wonder if that came from his mother? Fortunately, he had cousins Grant & Cheyenne and friend Jada that were more than willing to help - it's always good to have help right?


The birthday party was complete - a big thank you to Brian, Sandy and kids and my family for helping tear down the toys and bring in chairs/tables and presents - it would have taken MUCH longer without their help. The last picture I want to share is of Brady and his cousin Dylan, just because it was too funny. They are sitting on the kitchen floor, eating watermelon - so I ask them to look at me and say "cheese" . . . they looked at each other and said "cheese" - they got it 1/2 right! I just love how it turned out.


I still can't believe he's 2!!!

1 comment:

Trish said...

WOO, Happy Birthday Brady! So fun to see you all at the Ramada on Friday! Sounds like a great b-day super Mom.